I do not have a crystal ball, nor did God gift me with the ability to see into people's minds or soul. I can only evaluate what I see and comment on what I know. I have to make that distinction, especially with the subjects of tonight's post. People can get all kinds of upset with what I am going to explore, and that is okay.
I read/saw several items in the news that reinforced in my mind that there are people out there that might provide evidence of evolution. Understand me, I am just exploring hypothesis here. Because, to get to be as smart as most humans are, if evolution is true, then there should be segments of the population that are like us in all outward appearances, and yet possess the mental equivalent of a turnip.
Because I have evidence of turnip people, it may be suspected that God made use of evolution as part of the process that got us from Adam to here. I don't know how evidence of a planet billions of years old squares with the conservative Christian view of a 6000 year old Earth. God knows how it went down, so I don't put a lot of thought into it. When I see God face to face, I won't care anyway, because I will be face to face with God. I will not care about evolution. But, I might ask about the turnip people.
Cases in point. On the news tonight, there is a bus driver that posted a "selfie" of herself on the bus, holding a beer to her mouth. Yellow school bus, granny gear transmission, probably smelled like a gym bag, driver, beer. If there is a need for me to connect the dots further for you, please don't tell me. There was a suspension, with pay, while investigating. This seems an unnecessary step in the process of firing her, lending evidence that the whole school board, anywhere, turnip people. Generally the most educated group of people in any community, but also the ones that struggle the most with any activity that does not involve tenure and complaining about having to live up to standards.
Certainly, I believe in due process. But DUE to the fact she turnipped and posted the picture, the process should be to fire her, and get a restraining order that requires her to be away from all children, including her own if she has any, before she contaminates them with turnip syndrome.
Yet another. This is about a tragedy. A 25 year old man commits suicide. During the autopsy, they determine that he has the same brain trauma condition that Junior Seau and Jovan Belcher had. It is indicative of repetitive concussions and motion trauma to the brain. This is terrible, but the young man is not a professional football player or boxer. He is not a college football player or amateur boxer. The family sues the Pop Warner football league the young man played in. Alleging that the league knew the danger of repetitive concussions and did not inform them or protect the child, 15 years previously.
This one is a couple paragraphs long. First, I feel terrible the young man took his own life. Nothing will ever make that better for the family. No law suit, no argument won, no public awareness, none of that will make it better. I know this, I know of what I type. I do not think the family deserves to be picked on, except that this is ridiculous, and they are likely being manipulated by a legal system and legal professionals with no conscience, and no regard for their injured state.
This is a ridiculous law suit, and the lawyer that filed it should be disbarred. Or that lawyer ought to get his/her act together and do the ambulance chasing thing for real. I mean really go for the Gloria Allred gold. Sue the school system because he might have fallen down at school and got a concussion. Sue all the shoelace and shoe companies, because he may have fallen down and gotten a concussion by tripping. Sue the government because he may have slipped on ice on a public sidewalk and gotten a concussion at some point.
The judge that allowed the suit to be filed should be disbarred. This one may be more turnip-like than Joe Brown. Although you can align the words into sentences that are correct in grammar and spelling, it still does not make sense, if you are not a turnip. Maybe the lawyer should sue the judge because he may have hit the kid with his gavel and given him a concussion. Exploitative lawyers and insane judges, turnip peoples. On top of mentally challenged, these are ethically dead people that are exploiting the sorrow and loss of a family who will never win enough, no matter what. The family does not deserve it, nor should they have to go through it.
Another case, Pete Carroll, the coach of the Seattle Seahawks. You have Marshawn Lynch, public punk that he might be, but Beast Mode that he definitely is. Yet you call a pass on the 1 yard line. Positively a whole field of turnips move. Defending it after the fact, like we don't all know it was stupid, that might be field of turnip squared.
Another football case, Washington Redskins. Drafting RGIII. Big ole turnip with bright green tops sticking out of their heads. (Sorry, I could not resist.)
At any rate, these are just examples of a mental state, in otherwise normal human beings, that I find hard to understand. I did not think there were many turnips, compared to the total population. But, there has to be a significant number. I mean COPS has been on TV for what, 25 years? I don't think they are recycling criminals. There is a fresh crop of turnips every time they go to any city.
I should not take a perverse joy in watching the wreck that always hits the turnip train. But, I honestly cannot help but watch. There are people that believe vaccines are more dangerous than the diseases they prevent (turnips). There are people that believe all Muslims are terrorists (turnips). There are people that believe it was a good idea to bring Ebola patients back to the US (turnips). There are people that attend Westboro Baptist Church (turnips). There are people that believe the US government was responsible for 9/11 (turnip). There are people that listen to Al Sharpton (turnip). There are people that listen to Sarah Palin (turnip). Bo Bergdahl, turnip.
The list gets quite lengthy. Where I think the evolution argument falls apart, is that while these turnip people wander around being all turnippy, occasionally, they figure it out. Sometimes they heal up or brain up, and get in the game with the rest of us. So, if you rule out evolution, you are left with free will. That is creepy and let me explain why.
These people are choosing to be this way. So, while I love them, and care about them, if they choose the turnip path on me, I have to let them go do their thing. I am called to love them, I am not called to participate in the turnip patch. Neither is anyone else. God loves us all, and gave us free will, so that we would not be slaves, or robotic followers. He wants our participation, because we choose Him. He wants our worship because we chose to sing and praise. He wants our prayers because we choose to trust in Him.
But, He does not prevent some of us from choosing a path other than Him. And He does not prevent the turnip patch from being overcrowded. I cannot conceive of the majesty and breadth of God. I am just thankful He does not prevent folks from leaving the turnip patch. I have been a turnip person in the past, we all have in our way. Thankfully, God loves turnips too. (I do not, though a couple mashed up with potatoes or cut up in vegetable soup aren't bad.)
I urge you not to encourage turnip people. Do not enable them by liking their foolishness on Facebook, sharing their addled mess on Instagram, buying their books that describes their turnip journey, or watching America's Funniest Home Videos or COPS. Just say no to turnips. Your life quality will improve, and your frustration level will go down. Well, okay, watching COPs is alright, I mean, they are going to keep making it anyway and it is surely entertaining.
Even the turnip people, I love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment