Thursday, December 18, 2014

Just isn't right when she is gone.

My baby is home.  I guess that is not so momentous, given the doings and shakings in the world at large.  But, here, at our little corner of paradise, it is the biggest news of the day and of the week.

We are, happily, in love. We are happiest when we are together.  It comes down to that, in the end.  We enjoy all parts of our lives more when we are together.  I suppose that you could make that assumption for every marriage.  But, my experience tells me that you would find yourself wrong in that assumption, a staggering number of times.

I am not suggesting that we have some mystical secret.  I am only stating that we are better together, we are happier together and we recognize that we are those things.  Sometimes, I am sure that Trina is not always thrilled with what I do or say, but as long as we are together, we get through those pieces.

We are very thankful that her Dad is doing much better, and that we were able to get Trina up there to see him and spend some time with her family.  I completely understood and encouraged her to go.  I would have gone if the roles were reversed.  But I did not like being here without her.

We have a beautiful home.  It feels unique in that it is also portable.  We are at home when we are in each other's presence.  When we are apart, we are in a house.  Even this house, with all of our effort and time invested, is just a house.  When we are here together, it becomse immediately a home.

Understanding my feelings is one of those concepts that gives me the willies.  I don't want to really talk to anyone about them, but Trina.  And, I don't really want to hear anyone else's exploration of them but Trina.  It is not that I don't respect their opinion, or that I think they don't have anything to add.  I just don't like getting into that stuff with very many people in the world.

I do, however, understand my feelings for my wife.  She is, specifically, the most caring woman that I have ever had the privilege to know.  She cares very deeply, for me and for others.  I respect that a great deal, as I care for her and for others very deeply.  It is not easy, it takes a toll on you, but it is so worth it.  And I appreciate  and admire my wife by the worth she sees in others, and is seen in her.

When you find a person that is your best friend, your closest confidant and the person you admire most in the world, you want them with you always.  It is that way for my wife and I.  We are quite content together, very happy with each other, and look forward to the time we get together.

When we are seperated, it just feels off.  I function fine, I am not going to starve or die of exposure.  But the morning doesn't flow right.  The routine is there, however, it doesn't feel like it should.  The evenings are forever long, and don't feel as restful or relaxing.  It is not uncomfortable, but it is not how I prefer things to be.  And, I am self aware enough to know that is usually all about me.

Tonight, we got our home back.  It did not move and we did not relocate.  We came back together and restored our home.  We had good news with everyone's health so far.  She had safe travels for the long trip on the road.  And she had good times with family while she was visiting.  There are always reasons for these seperations.   They are short and infrequent.

But, I don't like them one bit.  I am glad it is over, and I am even more happy that everything is working out like we wanted it to, and she could return quickly.  Tomorrow, we will gather as much of the family as we can together, and do Christmas before we get on the road and do some more travelling.  The best part of that, is it will be travelling together.

I love her, and just don't live right without her.  And I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment