Thursday, December 4, 2014

Lightning in a bottle

Well, third day, here goes controversy.  I am no stranger to it, but still no fan of it.  I just have to get this particular post off my chest.  There are an awful lot of sad things in this world, it is a world corrupted by sin and not at all as it was intended for us to inhabit.  That does not mean we should not try to minimize the sadness.

I have some suggestions about limiting the sadness of the world that are particular tonight.  And it will probably not seem logical, but bear with me.  First off, if we could somehow make it illegal/impossible for the "race experts" to get near anyone who's family has suffered a tragic death, we would limit their sadness and their struggle.  I mean all of them too, the Sharpton, the Jackson, (the Barbour, and you know who I mean if you live in NC), and Rancid Parabola or whatever that Republican party guys name is, Gary Bauer, Hannity, Huckabee, Limbaugh, or any semi human even remotely associated with the Klan (Sons of the Confederacy, or any "heritage" honoring group).

Those parasitic organisms are not helpful, nor instructive.  They are obstructive and damaging.  They create situations that accelerate the pain and suffering.  It will also always be about their, or their organization's bottom line.  I used his name first, so I will say it straight out about him.  Al Sharpton won't be caring about any of these people that are suffeirng, after he has extracted his last elixir of air time/money out of their situation.  (That is true of every name I put in the previous paragraph.)  When Charles Barkley calls you part of a sad cast of characters, (look it up he said it on CNN to Brook Talkinghead, whoever she is) you are fairly well just done with arguing it.  If we were to start charging these folks and their organizations for the increased police presence and protection required when they show up to "help", my guess is they would decide a lot less people are really help worthy.

If they cared, they would not be in front of cameras, driving schisms and distrust and disunion.  Especially the ones like Sharpton and Jackson and Barbour and Huckabee, these were all supposedly men of the Word.  It is not a pulpit when there are CNN and MSNBC and Fox microphones strapped to it.  However, if any of those sadness enlarging and hypocritical FOOLS treated it like a pulpit, I would have to change my rant.  If they spoke of the love of God transcending the pain and wrong of sin that is in the world, if they counselled peace and love and prayer as the first and most important actions to take, if they stopped what they were doing and worked to do what God would bid them do, this would have been a very different few months, don't you think?

Perhaps, just perhaps, we could have had a conversation about what happened to the unfortunate gentleman in New York that died as a result of resisting arrest.  Notice, we do not discuss why he continued to fight 4 or 5 police officers, while clearly telling them he could not breathe.  I am not going to sugar coat it, your chances of a bad physical outcome increase dramatically when you do not comply with the police.  It is not that I am saying choke holds are okay, or that there was not something wrong there.  I am not going to pass that judgement.  Imagine how different the conversation today would be if he had put his hands behind his back and just gone with them?

Oddly, none of the eminent gentlemen that are "helping" these grieving families, have felt moved to beg the community they serve to just comply with the police.  Straighten it out with your attorney, without getting shot, tazed, maced or beaten to still get to that point.  And, yes, I believe that Michael Brown beat that cop and charged him in a threatening manner.  The reason I do believe that, that he did not comply, is that the FBI has not arrested him.  The Feds have gone through all the evidence, they did their own autopsy, they want to arrest that man so bad they can taste it, but the evidence does not support it.  That is how I know, and how Al Sharpton knows, and why he disappeared out of Ferguson and ended up in New York helping the Garner's.

I heard Sir Charles also say something that needs to be part of this conversation.  The cops are not out searching for black men to shoot.  It is ridiculous to suggest that Michael Brown got shot because he was black.  It is ridiculous to suggest the gigantic dude selling illegal cigarettes was choked because he was black.  It is not ridiculous to suggest they met their fate because they did not comply.  That was their choice, and terrible results ocurred.  It is sad, for them, for their family.  These people were loved by others, and are missed by their families.  Selling illegal cigarettes is not a capital crime.  Strong arm robbery is not a capital crime.

There is a terrible disparity in the percentages of the minority populations involvement with the criminaal justice system, compared to the white population.  It is ridiculous to suggest that is because the cops are out looking for minorities to arrest.  It is because the vast majority of crime occurs in the minority communities.  None of these celebrities trying to help are begging the young of the community to stop being the source of their own destruction.  None of them are trying to identify how to make life paths for the youth they serve that breaks the poverty, lawless and hopeless cycle of the ghetto.  (For poor whites it is also the meth cooking trailer park ghetto)  They have no moral authority, hence no effectiveness at anything but chaos and 24 hour news cycle air time.  And because of that, there is the continued lack of moral leadership in the poor, minority community.

Charles Barkley is the one that makes the most sense, and has the most correct view point.  He lamented the lack of strong black leadership in St Louis willing to step up and provide leadership.  The only leaders were the ones climbing in the windows to loot first.  When will it change?  I don't know, but I am praying it is tonight.  And, Barak Obama should not go to Ferguson.  He should do what he did, continue to be President, hunt terrorists and such like that there.  It doesn't matter that he is black, anymore than it mattered the Bush was white during 911.

What matters is there is division being peddled, when love should be offered.  There is anger being justified, instead of edified.  There is fame being sought instead of service being performed.  America is not color blind, and it will never be.  That does not mean race has any bearing on guilt or innocence.   That does not mean that innocents are not convicted, and the numbers just mean that more minorities are unjustly convicted than whites.  Those statistics are true, and do not change until there is something done systemically in those communities.

It is entirely on the community to make it different, and these communities have failed.  The "leaders" I have named have failed.  Does anyone know who the highest ranking elected black American in St Louis is by name?   How about in New York city?  Why are they not out calling for calm, on the street being responsible?  Have they been and it just was not covered?  Maybe, but somehow, I don't find it likely.  Why isn't Rev Al calling them out?  No dollars for disaster if you are putting working solutions in place.  These people will not cure the cancer in their community, becaus the cancer is what lines their pockets and keeps them famous.

Now, I love Rev Al, and Limbaugh.  I don't like either one of them, but I love them, and wished I had the opportunity to tell them my grievance in person as a Christian brother.  I won't get that opportunity, more is the pity.  So I will continue to pray for them, and for the families they are disserving currently.  It happens here in Raleigh/Durham every night, senseless crime and violence.  Mostly black and brown victims.  The community lives with it, and that is the saddest part of it all. The  leadership does not exist to make it different, or different permanently.  That is what I pray about.

God will show a way, He is faithful.  But, we cannot just be of faith, we also have to be of deeds. Do not fail to report crime, what you know, who did it, when, where they are, and what other crime you know they did.  The code of the street is nothing but lies perpetuating idiocy.   It is foolishness, almost as foolish as listening or donating to the Sharpton, or the Limbaugh, whatever they are shilling.  They are more insidious, because they know what they are doing and how they are hindering  not helping.

I love you all.  I hate this situation.  Had to rant a bit tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment